Rules of Conduct
Adopted Jan 2007, Revised Nov 2016
The library has established these rules of conduct to promote a safe
and respectful environment for all to share.
- Show respect for everyone in the library. Persons disturbing others or jeopardizing safety may be asked to leave. Disruptions include but are not limited to physical or verbal harm, violating internet rules, creating noise disruption, blocking aisles, stairs and doorways, stalking, staring.
- Treat the library with care. Persons will be held responsible for damage or theft of library property. The library reserves the right to prosecute.
- As a courtesy to others, use cell phones discreetly.
- Keep the library and library grounds free of alcohol, cigarette smoke, and illegal activities.
- Use headphones with audio equipment so as not to disturb other people.
- Lidded beverages are welcome everywhere except the Vermont Room, where all food and beverages are prohibited.
- Only trained service animals or animals that are part of an approved library program are allowed in the library.
- Appropriate attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn.
- Weapons of any kind in the library are prohibited, unless carried by a law enforcement officer.
- Soliciting in the library or on library grounds is allowed only with the express permission of the Executive Director.
People who do not abide by these rules
may be removed from the library and its premises.