Check-outs, Renewals, and Fines
Check-Out Periods, Renewals and Fines
Updated December 6, 2016
|Material||Check-out Period||Renewals||Daily Fines|
|CL Books, Audiobooks & Music CDs||14 days||Up to 2||20¢|
|CL Magazines & Games||7 days||1||20¢|
|CL DVDs||7 days||None||$1.00|
|AL Books, Audiobooks & Music CDs||14 days||Up to 2||25¢|
|AL Magazines||7 days||1||25¢|
|AL DVDs||7 days||None||$1.00|
|Interlibrary Loan||14 days||1||50¢|
|Passes (to museums, parks, etc.)||3 days||None||$1.00|
AL = Adult Library; CL = Children's Library, including Young Adult
The maximum number of check-outs per patron is 25.
Maximum fines per item:
- $5.00 Adult Library items
- $5.00 Children's Department items,
- Fines on Children’s Library items on a single card may be paid off in a batch with a $25 payment.
- $3.00 Magazines
Possible reasons items may not be renewed:
- Another patron has placed them on hold.
- Your account is blocked due to a billed item or fines over $10.00.
- Our circulation software requires that we confirm that your account has current address and contact information, once a year. If you are unable to renew items before they have reached their renewal limit, it is probable that your account is "up for renewal." Just call the circ desk and we can help.
The Library sends out email reminders to alert you two days before materials are due, and (if they are not returned) when they are three days, then two weeks overdue.
Please note that these emails are courtesy reminders. Patrons are responsible for keeping track of their materials and due dates. Printed slips are available at time of check-out, and account activity can be monitored through our website. The Library will not waive fines due to email failures.
Checking Your Account Online
To check your due dates, or renew online, click on catalog/login at the top of our homepage, then enter your library barcode number or username + password.
Bills for Lost or Missing Materials
The library sends bills via mail for items that are 1 month overdue. When a bill is sent, the patron's library card is restricted until billed items are returned or paid for.